Operations & Quality Coordinator/Food Safety Assessor position available
June 17, 2020 at 4:15 PM
We are looking for a responsible Operations & Quality Coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills to organise our companies’ day-to-day operations. Your job will be to provide operational support to the Director and contractors, and coordinate all daily administrative activities. In addition, this role will include some service delivery in the form of food safety assessments of suppliers to a major supermarket chain. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will progress to achieve recognition to conduct regulatory food safety verifications under the Food Act.
Applicants should be highly organised and able to multitask with ease. Our ideal candidate has a tertiary qualification in Food Science, Food Technology, Environmental Health or similar, and at least 12 months’ experience in the food industry in a quality, technical, compliance and/or administrative role.
You must be self-motivated, show drive and enthusiasm, and be able to work by yourself in a small office environment that services a group of professional service providers.
We have an inner Auckland suburb location with free parking and in close walking distance to both trains and buses.
This is a full time role. Remuneration will be in line with experience and skill base and will be discussed at the interview.
We are looking for an Operations & Quality Coordinator/ Food Safety Assessor who has:
- A working knowledge of New Zealand food legislation, including labelling (ANZ Food Standards Code) and food importing requirements
- Practical experience in conducting food safety/quality audits and HACCP application
- Initiative and the ability to make decisions and take ownership
- An ability to deliver timely and accurate work
- Strong attention to detail with a systems and process focus
- A problem solving attitude and ability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Authority to work permanently in New Zealand
- Full Driver’s License and car
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Word & Excel etc.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A strong customer and commercial focus
- Other relevant qualifications or experience that could contribute to this diverse role
- A good sense of humour and enjoys working in a challenging environment with a great team
If all the above seems to fit who you are and what you are looking for then we would love to hear from you. This is an excellent entry level role, with the opportunity to develop your skills in food safety consulting and auditing with a well-regarded industry leader.