Custom Food Control Plan Evaluation Services
Under the Food Act 2014 manufacturers of high-risk foods need to develop a Custom Food Control Plan (FCP) and register it with MPI.
The types of businesses that require a custom FCP include manufacturers of:
- food for vulnerable populations such as babies or the elderly
- fresh ready-to-eat salads and other meals, non-shelf stable sauces, dips or dressings
- meat, poultry, fish, dairy or processed egg products.
You can use the MPI Where Do I Fit Tool to confirm if your business needs a custom FCP.
Note that other businesses can also choose this type of plan to personalise the way they manage food safety if they wish.
In order to gain MPI registration of your custom FCP you will need to:
- Develop your plan - this may be done in conjunction with a food safety consultant, or in-house resources
- Have it evaluated by a MPI approved Food Act Evaluator
- Register the custom FCP with MPI, and renew your registration each year
- Get checked by a verifier (auditor) - usually on an annual basis, but as this is performance based the frequency can vary (from as little as once every 18 months, to as often as once every 3 months)
- Always follow your plan to make safe and suitable food.
MPI have published guidelines to assist in the development of a Custom FCP - click here to download this. These are definitely worth a look!
Food Control Plan Evaluation - How Does it Work?
We can evaluate most types of Custom Food Control Plans (with the exception of Aseptic Processing, and Low Acid Canned Food (LACF) Processing).
You can check out our MPI Approval credentials here.
To discuss your specific requirements contact us now by
clicking on the Enquire Now button above.