We are looking for a part time or full time Food Safety Auditor/Verifier, either working on a contractor basis, or as an employee. The principal activities of the role would be conducting National Programme and/or Custom Food Control Plan verification audits throughout the country, but mostly in the Greater Auckland region.
Our ideal candidate is already an MPI recognised Food Act verifier, and has New Zealand food industry experience in a quality, technical, or compliance role. We will however consider applicants with appropriate food industry experience who are committed to gaining MPI recognition as a verifier, and we would provide training and support to achieve this.
Applicants should be highly organised and able to multitask with ease. You must be self-motivated, show drive and enthusiasm, and be able to work by yourself remotely, and/or in a hybrid environment.
We are looking for a Food Safety Auditor/Verifier who has:
- At least 5 years food industry experience (preferably in food and beverage manufacturing)
- A tertiary qualification in Food Technology, Food Science, or a related discipline
- HACCP and Lead Auditor training
- A proven track record in conducting value added food safety audits
- Detailed understanding of the New Zealand food regulatory environment (particularly Food Act, Food Regulations, ANZ Food Standards Code)
- Understanding of ISO17020 accreditation requirements
- Initiative and the ability to make decisions and take ownership
- An ability to work independently and consistently deliver timely and accurate work
- Strong attention to detail with a systems and process focus
- A problem solving attitude and ability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Authority to work permanently in New Zealand
- Full Driver’s License and car
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Word & Excel etc.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A strong customer and commercial focus
- Other relevant qualifications or experience that could contribute to this diverse role
- A good sense of humour and enjoys working in a challenging environment with a great team
- Ability to travel within New Zealand (periodic 1-3 day trips)
We have an inner Auckland suburb location with free parking and in close walking distance to both trains and buses. The role has flexibility to work agreed days from home.
Remuneration will be in line with experience and skill base and will be discussed at the interview.
If all the above seems to fit who you are and what you are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please provide your application and CV to Shane Hopgood (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance.