In December 2020 the Codex Alimentarius Commission issued an updated version of the General Principles of Food Hygiene and HACCP. Key changes that now need to be considered in your food business include:
- The 7 principles of HACCP have been amended, with more focus on implementing control measures along with more detailed validation and verification requirements.
- Food Safety Culture has now been included.
- Maintenance and cleaning now includes allergens.
- More focus on personal cleanliness, behaviour and visitors.
- Training and Competence section has been strengthened.
- There are new sections on 'Allergen Management' and 'Lot Identification and Traceability.'
You can review and download the updated document here